Credit card application - Real Experience - HDFC Bank





So story begins when I got call from HDFC bank representative with some credit card offer and he made me to go for it. So following are the action items that happened in the whole process.



1. Fill the form : HDFC bank representative visited my home in order to get credit card application filled, signed and get the documents required. Below is the screenshot of the receipt that he gave me.
On asking how much time will it take to process, he said about 10-14 days. I said ok cool.

Action date : 29 April, 2014 (as shown in receipt below)



2.  Waiting time : Now its waiting time, waiting to get confirmation message for my application and application reference number from the bank.

3. Call resources : So its been a week and i did not get any confirmation. So only option I got is to call the HDFC bank representative in step 1. He left his number on the receipt. Calling him again and again as he is not picking up the phone. Finally he picked up the phone and as I was seeking help from him, he gave me a land line number saying you can get details from here i have no idea. He gave me following number and asked me to press number 3 after the call connects.
Phone number : 01161606161

4. Call customer care: The number i got in previous step was actually HDFC's credit card customer care support. Calling that number and explaining the problem, the representative asked to give her application reference number. As i did not have any, she said she cant do much without this application number.

5. Got application reference number: So after for 12 days, I finally got sms from HDFC bank acknowledging my credit card application with reference number. Following is the screenshot of that sms.

Action date : 10 May, 2014 (as shown in image below)

                                             

 6. Waiting time : Now its waiting time again, waiting for next action item to occur. Will the bank contact me or should I contact them?

7. Track your credit card : While searching for 'How much time it takes to get HDFC bank credit card approved', I found that I can track my credit card application status by using following link.
http://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/credit_card/cc_track
So I went there, filled required details and it said "IN PROGRESS".

                       

8. Call customer care: So finally decided to call HDFC bank customer care number(01161606161) that i got in step 3. This time I had application reference number. HDFC bank customer care representative told me that the application for the reference number I had provided is 'IN PROGRESS'. I asked her to give me some details as I already knew this status from step7. She said that is all she can provide at this time.

9. Facebook : At this point, I did not know what to do next, who to contact, So I decided to use social media. I posted on HDFC bank page on facebook.com. The page actually replied back saying that details have been shared with concerned team and they will get back soon.
The post can be found on below link.

https://www.facebook.com/HDFC.bank/posts/742190789157829?comment_id=746327592077482&offset=0&total_comments=4&notif_t=feed_comment

Doubting whether the post is still available or deleted at the time you are reading this article, So below is the screen shot of that post.

                  

Action date : 20 May, 2014 (22 days from application date)

10. Waiting time : Once again its waiting time.Waiting for next status update.

11 On hold : So after waiting for 7 more days after posting on HDFC Facebook page, I got one sms from HDFC bank which actually surprised me. It said 'your HDFC application is on hold and for more details sms CURE to some number which actually costed me Rs3 great!. find the screen shot below
                                           


                                                                                                                      
12 Tack credit card again : After getting the sms in previous step, I headed to HDFC website to track credit card status. You will be surprised to know what was there. My application waas on hold because 1. they don't have my signature 2. they don't have my date of birth etc. They wanted me to send these details via mail(not email) to some Chennai HDFC branch address. I was like wtf.

13 Facebook time again : One more time I headed to my Facebook post(link if not deleted) and replied to it. Read the conv in image below

                 

Action date : 27 May, 2014 (nearly a month from application date)

14 SMS from bank : So today(29 May,2014), I got a sms from bank. screenshot below

                                             

15 Track credit card : After getting the sms in previous step, one more time I headed to HDFC website to track credit card status. Following screenshot tells the status clearly, the application is 'IN PROGRESS' one more time. wow. thanks to HDFC team.
                  
                              


16 Waiting time : Waiting for next action item to occur...

17 SMS received : Today(30 May, 2014) morning I got a sms that card has been dispatched from Chennai. Sms also has Blue Dart AWB number.

18 Finally : Finally got the card after waiting for  more than 1 month on 3rd June. But the process is not over yet. As per email from HDFC bank they have mailed me ATM pin that I haven't received yet till date 13th June. So wait is on . . .

19 No issues : Didn't get the mail from bank, so had to contact customer care. They generated OTP, which I used at ATM to generate the pin. So finally the process is over.


Conclusion : It took only 36 days, which is totally against the bank's promised days, to get the credit card & lil more time for ATM pin.